Monday, March 21, 2005

Michael Schiavo contradicts himself on Larry King

This transcript of the Larry King show for Friday night shows that Michael has a hard time keeping his story straight.

M. SCHIAVO: Because this is what Terri wanted. This is her wish.

M. SCHIAVO: I won't give it up. Terri is my life. I'm going to carry out her wishes to the very end. This is what she wanted. It's not about the Schindlers, it's not about me, not about Congress, it's about Terri."

but then Larry asks Michael if he can understand how Terri's parents feel.

"M. SCHIAVO: Yes, I do. But this is not about them, it's about Terri. And I've also said that in court. We didn't know what Terri wanted, but this is what we want..."(emphasis mine)

Another gem from Michael:

"You know, I should be sitting with my wife right now. You know, her tube was removed and I should be with her. But you know, I felt the need to speak out, because it is just horrible the way that this government is acting with this case."

HT: Imago Dei

Also, check out Steve's (of Imago Dei) takedown of infamous bio-"ethicist" Arthur Caplan.

No comments:

Post a Comment