Thursday, September 25, 2008

Life Links 9/25/08

The Brownback-Kennedy bill to give information to parents whose child is diagnosed with Down Syndrome has passed the U.S. Senate on a voice vote.


A Fox affiliate in Alabama has a story on a woman who went to Germany to receive an injection of adult stem cells to help treat her spinal cord injury.
She went to Germany in August. Adult stem cells were taken from her bone marrow and injected into her spine. She says she's starting to have feeling in her legs.

Tara Blackwell told FOX10 News, "They inserted 9,000 stem cells into my spine. I can feel my left thigh, and what's really weird when I itch my right shoulder, I can feel it in my hip.


The Boston Phoenix is featuring the abortion story of an anonymous pro-choice woman.
Back at the dorm, hours later, I know that I writhed in my twin bed, suffering from debilitating, convulsing cramps. My roommates, best friend, and boyfriend hovered around; they brought me pain killers, Tiger Balm, hot-water bottles, and applesauce, and all the while they stroked my head and conferenced in the background about how I was doing. I bled profusely as my body rejected the fetus that had been described to me as “the size of a grain of rice.” I threw up. And finally, I fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment