Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Alito discusses his 1985 job application

The New York Times has an article on what Judge Alito said when Senator Feinstein brought up his job application essay.

"He said first of all it was different then," Ms. Feinstein said. "He said, 'I was an advocate seeking a job, it was a political job and that was 1985. I'm now a judge, I've been on the circuit court for 15 years and it's very different. I'm not an advocate, I don't give heed to my personal views, what I do is interpret the law."'


I can almost guarantee that someone will say something like, "He's still an advocate seeking a job and saying that he was seeking a job back then is an obvious answer to the current interview question of a pro-choice senator."

You gotta love Senator Cornyn: "I'm not sure it is news that Judge Alito is pro-life, nor that Roe v. Wade was poorly reasoned."

No comments:

Post a Comment