Tuesday, May 03, 2011

UK mom defied docs' abortion advice

The Daily Mail has the story of a woman who risked her life to bring her daughter to birth despite advice to abort.
Medics feared she was suffering from cancer - but a biopsy later revealed the true cause of her pain - which had been triggered by increased levels of oestrogen and progesterone, caused by her pregnancy.

When she suffered a double-lung collapse, doctors warned the couple that there was very little chance of their baby surviving - and begged them to consider ending the pregnancy.

Mrs Hewetson said: ‘The longer Lily was in there, she was safe, but I wasn't.

‘But she'd just survived me having major surgery. I knew she was a fighter and I didn't want to give up on her.

‘She was my little girl and I was determined to keep her.

‘I was experiencing the greatest pain I'd ever felt before in my life - but that didn't matter to me......

Throughout her pregnancy, more cysts continued to grow on Donna's kidneys - and days before the new mother reached 28 weeks, doctors insisted on a caesarean section.

Lily was born in April 2009, three months' premature and weighing just 2lb 7oz - but incredibly, after nine weeks in an incubator, she was given the all-clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment