Monday, May 16, 2011

Daughter who would have been aborted graduates from college

From the Trentonian comes a heart-warming story:
So in February 1988, Nichols and her mother, Carolyn, headed off to New York City where the Trenton 14-year-old had been scheduled for an abortion procedure.

“I was literally on the table and being prepped for anesthesiology when I changed my mind. I couldn’t go through with it, even though I knew keeping my baby would change my life, end a lot of my dreams. I always wanted to be a dancer. I was smart and intelligent, had good grades. And my parents wanted so much for me,” Nichols recalled Monday.

Nichols’ retreat from an abortion had been bolstered by a clinic protester.

“There was this guy who had a piglet inside this jar with liquid. I remember his sign that said this is what I would have been doing to my baby. I will always remember that sign. That man,” Nichols said.

Nichols, a 14-year Motor Vehicles Commission employee, will remember always May 15 when the girl she saved, MicCheah Nichols, received her diploma as a member of the Rutgers University Class of 2011.....

“I’m glad that I made the decision to keep my baby. It’s one of the best choices I’ve ever made,” she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment