Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Life Links 1/20/09

Russell Moore has a post entitled, "Why I Hate Sanctity of Human Life Sunday."
I hate Sanctity of Human Life Sunday because I’m reminded that we have to say things to one another that human beings shouldn’t have to say. Mothers shouldn’t kill their children. Fathers shouldn’t abandon their babies. No human life is worthless, regardless of skin color, age, disability, economic status. The very fact that these things must be proclaimed is a reminder of the horrors of this present darkness.


Pastor Ron Jones is wondering about Obama's moral incongruence on the abortion issue.
I give Mr. Obama credit for loving his family the way he does. He appears to be a faithful husband and a good father to his two daughters. In the letter he speaks of his girls with great pride and tells them how much he loves them. His inspiration for running for President, he says, came from them. But again I find his words disturbing if not incongruent.

“I realized that my own life would not count for much unless I was able to ensure that you had every opportunity for happiness and fulfillment in yours,” writes Obama. “In the end, girls, that’s why I ran for President: because of what I want for you and for every child in this nation.”

Every child? Does Obama’s dream for his children and “every child” include unborn children?


CNN is reporting that, according to sources, Obama may pick the anniversary of Roe v. Wade to overturn the Mexico City Policy.
The sources said Obama may use the occasion to reverse the "Mexico City policy" reinstated in 2001 by Bush that prohibits U.S. money from funding international family planning groups that promote abortion or provide information, counseling or referrals about abortion services.

No comments:

Post a Comment