Friday, October 21, 2005

Emotionally attached to her unborn child

Here's an abortion story from LiveJournal:

Immediately I noticed the difference in how my body felt. I was fine for most of the day, and then took a long nap and didn't wake up until my boyfriend got home. It wasn't until after I woke up that I got really emotional and couldn't stop crying; my boyfriend bought me a bouquet of flowers, and for some reason that triggered a wave of emotions....

I was never fully convinced that it was the totally right thing to do, but I was scared and ashamed. I was also already emotionally attached to this unborn child, and even though I won't admit it to anyone else, I have always wanted to be a mother. I just never wanted to be a mother this young. In time I guess it will get easier, and maybe the regret will turn into acceptance. Even though I feel a lot of guilt, I am a firm believer in a woman's choice, and I am so happy that a woman has that alternative if she needs it.

No comments:

Post a Comment