Thursday, January 14, 2010

Life Links 1/14/10

At the Stand to Reason blog, Alan Shelmon explains how he answers pro-choice objections with the prolife two-step during an event at Central Michigan.
In the end, I was able to fend off the challenges raised against the pro-life view. I used a little organizing tactic to make my job easier. I call it the pro-life two-step. Most objections against the pro-life view can be categorized into one of two groups.

1) They assume the unborn is not a human being.
2) They disqualify the unborn from being a valuable human being based on an arbitrary quality or characteristic.

As I heard each objection, I determined which of the two categories it fell in. Then, I responded accordingly.


From a long New York Times article on the health care reform negotiations comes this tidbit.
Lawmakers apparently spent little time discussing abortion at the White House. The House bill would impose more stringent restrictions than the Senate on insurance coverage of abortion.


A couple in South Africa have been arrested for running an underground abortion clinic.

No comments:

Post a Comment