Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Heartbreaking

Jasmine had an abortion last Friday. In February, I asked, "Whose choice is this?" and posted some quotes from Jasmine. Jasmine seemed excited about the prospect of "keep(ing) the baby" but was been pushed towards abortion by her boyfriend.

After her abortion, she writes,
"Since then, I've cried for hours upon hours...every day. I don't cry when my bf's around but he doesn't make me feel any better about the relationship. We made a commitment and I followed through with mine. His answers now are slightly changing. He was sooo adamant about "yes I'll keep my words...my promises" prior to the abortion and then 3 days later..his words are changing about what his commitment was.

I hate myself for killing my own. I try to hide it, to keep my spirits up but really it doesn't help. I realize I don't like to keep my spirits up just because I feel like then I'd be avoiding the truth and feeling like a heartless cold person."

Jasmine also relays that the abortionist didn't let her see her ultrasound.

1 comment:

  1. What devastating news. Poor Jasmine. She will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete