Monday, August 22, 2005

"A Passion for Life"

The Grand Rapids Press devotes a long article to former Grand Rapids Right to Life President Larry Burns.

It concludes:

"Outside the door is a piece of framed artwork given to him by Right to Life of Michigan. It includes text from the Book of Psalms, Chapter 139; Verses 13-14: "For you created my inmost being, you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."

It is impossible to remember every birth. Sometimes, a card or letter jogs his memory.

"About 18 to 19 years ago, I had one of the smallest babies ever to be delivered in Grand Rapids, one of those that were touch and go," Burns said.

At about one pound, the odds of survival were not good, and abortion was a viable medical option.

"I received an invitation to his graduation about a year ago," Burns said. "He got through, graduated from high school and was getting on with his life.

"It's those chancy ones you look back on, the ones that make it against incredible odds. They always make you feel good."

No comments:

Post a Comment