Monday, June 08, 2009

Life Links 6/8/09

The Washington Post has an article on state legislation to restrict abortion. It notes how Mississippi abortionist Joseph Booker admits he breaks the law.
Booker, who performs about 60 abortions a week, said he is careful to follow state law. But, citing medical research, he refuses to comply with the legislative mandate to tell women that abortion increases the risks of breast cancer and infertility. During one counseling session last week, he called them "two things definitely not associated with having an abortion."



Carl Olsen shreds a Huffington Post piece on abortion.
I love it. She spends the entire...thing...saying how horrible it is that pro-lifers force people to have babies and want to make mothers do this and that—and then she turns around and tells us what to do and not do. Typical liberal logic: "Do as I say, not as logic, tradition, commonsense, and a good conscience tells you to do."



Scott Roeder, the accused murderer of George Tiller is claiming he knows of other planned attacks on abortion providers.
Scott Roeder called The Associated Press from the Sedgwick County jail, where he's being held on charges of first-degree murder and aggravated assault in the shooting of Dr. George Tiller one week ago.

"I know there are many other similar events planned around the country as long as abortion remains legal," Roeder said. When asked by the AP what he meant and if he was referring to another shooting, he refused to elaborate further.

It wasn't clear whether Roeder knew of any impending violence or whether he was simply seeking publicity for his cause. Law enforcement authorities including the Justice Department said they didn't know whether the threat was credible.


Andrew Sullivan posts how one woman thinks about her abortion.
I never regretted my decision to terminate the pregnancy. But I also never believed that I had harmed an unborn child with the abortion. I’m not a Christian and I don’t believe that life begins at conception. Life, to my way of thinking, has no beginning and no ending. The idea that it begins at conception always seemed rather arbitrary to me. And I also suspect that this life is not our only shot. There is quite a bit of evidence that we live countless lives. Check out the research of Ian Stevenson at the University of Virginia on the verification of past lives remembered by children. I think it’s far more likely that when a pregnancy is terminated, that soul is simply born to a different mother. I don’t deny that terminating a pregnancy can be a mournful event for a mother and a family. But I’m not so sure that it’s a devastating event for the unborn child. And I don’t see why pro-life folks are so sure about this
Ummm.....Couldn’t this same argument be used to okay the killing of just about anyone? Why would shooting a teenager in the head be a devastating event for them, they’ll just be born again and live another life?

No comments:

Post a Comment