Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Life Links 6/15/11

Look another obviously false/exaggerated story about abortion on Salon. In this one the writer claims to have scammed a CPC into giving her a type of stroller when she never intended to abort. She also claims CPC workers told her to submit to her "psychopath" husband and she supposedly got 3 teens to leave the waiting room at the same time by throwing a fit because they thought the CPC was Planned Parenthood.

The only people who would believe some of the wild exaggerations are avid pro-choicers.


RH Reality Check recently publish an article in which anti-adoption crusader Jessica DelBalzo discusses how she was "euphoric" after her "happy abortion."
It couldn't have been more than five minutes before one of the assistants helped me to sit up so that I could get dressed. She walked me out into the recovery area, and I unsuccessfully attempted to repress the huge grin that had developed on my face. I felt euphoric. I was so relieved to be done with all the medical business, even happier to know that I was no longer pregnant, and pleasantly surprised that I wasn't feeling any physical pain.

I felt momentarily guilty when one of the other patients in recovery asked me if I ever stopped smiling, but I quickly reminded myself that it was senseless guilt. After all, smiling is a natural reaction to happiness, and I was happy sitting there. When they released me to go home fifteen minutes later, I was gladder still.

I know how far out of our society's collective comfort zone it is to hear a woman say that she feels happy about her abortion, but I do. My feelings go far beyond the simple relief that many women describe. I am actually grateful for the experience itself and for the fact that, by sharing my story with others, I can be an ambassador for reproductive freedom.

Final arguments in Indiana's attempt to defund Planned Parenthood have been submitted to Judge Tanya Walton Pratt. She could make a ruling on the case within the week. Planned Parenthood Indiana also lost a tax credit because of the new law.


Alabama will be the next state to have a 20-week ban on abortion. Governor Robert Bentley has indicated he plans on signing the bill which passed less than 30 minutes before the legislative deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment