Monday, June 13, 2011

Life Links 6/13/11

The Ledger has a story about the woes of abortion advocates in Florida.
Sheryll Strang of Winter Haven has spent more than 20 years promoting the right of women to have abortions, and she said she can't remember a time as glum for her cause as now.

In its session that ended May 7, the Florida Legislature passed five bills that critics say will make abortion less accessible.

"I would say it's probably the worst," Strang said, describing each of the bills as eight or higher on a negative scale of one to 10.


A tabloid scandal in Britain involves a famous soccer player, his brother's wife and abortion.
She found she was carrying her secret lover Ryan's child, it is claimed, just weeks before she was due to marry his brother Rhodri.

And the 28-year-old has spoken of the moment she broke the shattering news to the Manchester United legend, who, she alleges, told her she must have an ­abortion. She said Giggs, 37, even cycled to a meeting with her with £500 to pay for the termination – £200 short.

Speaking of the moment she ­discovered she was expecting, Natasha said: "All I kept thinking was, ‘I'm getting married to Rhodri next month and I'm pregnant to Ryan, his brother'.

"I said to Ryan, ‘I don't know how to say it but I'm pregnant'. He said, ‘To me?' and I said, ‘Yes'. Then he said, ‘How sure are you?' and I told him, ‘A million per cent'. That's when he told me there was only one option.

"Ryan told me straight off, ‘You know there's only one option, a termination. We can't ruin everybody's life'."
......
She said: "He handed me £500, saying that was all he could get out.

"I just said, ‘OK, whatever'. I'd never asked him for money so it was very difficult. I was very upset, very tearful.

"He just said, ‘Right. OK, I'll see you tomorrow. Good luck'."

Texas Governor Rick Perry spoke at a prolife rally in Los Angeles over the weekend. The goal of the rally was to raise funds for a prolife women's health center in South LA.

No comments:

Post a Comment