Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Who are the victims of prolife legislation?

After reading one abortion provider's reaction to an Ohio prolife law, it seems obvious to me that the pocketbooks of abortion providers are the biggest victims.

``I am choosing to close my door,'' Jackson said, ``because I'm not willing to offer my services in a lesser way than I have before.''


In other words, "This legislation makes it more difficult for me to make money. I'm closing up because my business will suffer."

Abortion clinic director Debi Jackson continues:

`I would have to essentially become an abortion mill,'' Jackson said, adding that the new rules would push the cost of an abortion from about $450 to $550.


I would really like Jackson to explain how a law that requires that a doctor (instead of any clinic counselor) meet with a woman 24 hours before her abortion and changes the parental consent law would make her abortion clinic into more of a "mill."

The article also quotes Carol Westfall, another abortion clinic director, who was last heard saying, "My opinion is, the judge should be lynched."

No comments:

Post a Comment