Friday, April 29, 2005

Pro-choice Rally in Lansing

On Wednesday, Michigan's pro-choice organizations got together and threw a rally at the Capitol. I was somehow completely unaware of this event. They even step up a web site and a blog for the event.

One post in their blog asks commenters to share why they are pro-choice.

Here are some interesting quotes.

I'm pro-choice because I believe that it is a woman's choice to determine whether or not it is the right time to have a child.... Also, abortion is not a form of birth control, society needs to prevent unintended pregnancies so that the need for abortions will decrease.

I don't believe abortion should be a form of birth control, and I do feel that people need to take action for their sexual decisions and make those decisions responsibly instead of relying on abortion to avoid unwanted children....Abortion will always be a necessity in some cases...

I felt as if an abortion was the only option to save my sanity.

I'm pro-choice because there are certain circumstances in which bringing a new child into the world is a mistake (i.e. rape, complications in relation to the health of the mother.

I wonder if they ever thought of the poor women who cannot fed another baby, the women who are addicted to substances that will harm the developing fetus.
(emphasis mine)

No comments:

Post a Comment