Tuesday, May 08, 2007

"My Good (Child-Killing)"

Ericka Lutz, an author of various book including The Complete Idiot's Guide to Stepparenting, discusses her experience with abortion.
I am a mother by choice. I have done the reproduction Trifecta -- miscarriage, childbirth, abortion -- in that order, and I had my abortion because I didn't want another child. And I have never felt a moment of regret or guilt. Regret implies self-blame, and I didn't do anything wrong.

My abortion was a good thing....

Because of my abortion, I was able to heal the tattered pieces of my marriage without suffering a conflicted pregnancy at the same time. Because of my abortion, I've had the time, money, ability to follow my dreams and ambitions, to become the person I aspire to be. Because of my abortion, my husband, who has raised children since he was nineteen years old, will someday have an adulthood without kids in the house.

Reading this I'm reminded of the lyrics of Flipsyde's song Happy Birthday.
Choosing our life over your life meant your death...

I've got a million excuses, as to why you died
And other people got their own reasons for homicide

No comments:

Post a Comment