Police said Taiwan native Chow Hok Kuen, 28, was arrested after police found the fetuses -- from 2- to 8-months-old -- in a suitcase in a hotel room in the Yaorawat area, Bangkok's Chinatown, the Bangkok Post reported.
The man had bought the fetuses several days ago from a Taiwanese man in Thailand for $6,500 and planned to sell them on Taiwanese Web sites for up to six times that amount, police said......
In Thai black magic rituals, the Post said, preserved fetuses are believed to bring good fortune to their owners and are often kept in shrines at homes or businesses.
A New Jersey couple may be in hot water after they placed their allegedly stillborn child in the trash. They've been charged with unlawful disposal of medical waste but they may have done something worse.
According to the affidavit, Dougherty told police that she and Aratow discarded the fetus in a garbage can outside their home. Dougherty also told police that she went to a medical clinic in Englewood around April 11 and was told by a physician there that her baby had no heartbeat.
Police have learned that Dougherty actually sought to terminate her pregnancy during the visit but was told the fetus appeared to be about 26 to 27 weeks old as of April 11 and was at a stage where he or she was capable of living upon birth.
The New Woman All Women abortion clinic in Birmingham, Alabama will close it's doors after today.
The clinic's owner agreed in April to surrender the facility's license after an investigation by the state Department of Public Health found problems including two instances in which patients were given overdoses of a drug and were transported by ambulance to a hospital.
As part of the agreement, the state ordered the facility to cease performing abortions by May 11 and surrender its license by today unless a new operator could successfully apply for a state license.
In Australia, they've discovered how abortion clinic anesthetist James Peters gave Hepatitis C to numerous women.
He said Dr Peters was using pre-filled syringes of anaesthetic drugs on himself, while his back was turned to other staff or when he was alone.
''The accused has then returned the contaminated syringe to the patient tray and used the contaminated syringe to administer the remaining drug to the patient, thereby infecting the patient with hepatitis C,'' Mr Silbert said.