Thursday, November 04, 2010

New post-abortive blog

Secrets in the Shadows is the recently-started (October 2010) blog of a post-abortive woman who had an abortion in 1979 when she was a teenager. Her blog includes stories about her life in the time surrounding her abortion and reflections on her feelings while writing.

This is from her most recent post:
Somewhere in my young head, I felt like I was being punished for ending the life of my first child. That the child I gave back to God was my girl; that I had given up my girl. I struggled for sometime with that idea; that I needed to be punished for what I had done. My husband was the only one who knew what was going on with me; I had to work through these feelings on my own. No one talked to me before the abortion about the fact there would be a chance I would grieve the life of that child or that I would struggle with my roll in that abortion. There were no support groups to turn to; no one to help me through the fact that I would have guilt, shame and remorse for my choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment