Monday, July 28, 2008

“It’s been four years now...”

One of the members of Feministing’s community discusses her abortion (language warning) with a comment posted on July 28 at 2:03 p.m. (you'll have to scroll down - sorry there don’t appear to be permalinks for the comments):
I made an appointment at Planned Parenthood and scheduled it for Friday, December 17th; I will never forget that day. I looked more and more information up about the baby and that it had a heart beat and what it would look like and so forth and I shared this information with my boyfriend. I asked him what he thought about me keeping the baby and he said “I would resent you and I wouldn’t see us together in the future”.....

So from 8 AM until 7PM I had contractions. It felt like my insides were being torn out. I would fall asleep and be awaked by this horrible pain....

He decided to get a tattoo of a black rose on his arm and told me that it represented the abortion. I was infuriated. It’s much easier to scar your skin than to scar your soul and sadly my scar will never fade. I will always remember how alone I was, how he didn’t care how selfish he was and how he gave me a choice and I chose him.

It’s been four years now, and this august I would have had a 3 year old, so every time august rolls around or December I get very emotional about what happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment