Thursday, May 01, 2008

Life Links 5/1/08

UK abortionist Rashid Sandhu has been found guilty of sexually assaulting a 13-year-old girl.
During the trial, the court heard how Sandhu rubbed the girl's breast with gel during an illegal medical procedure in an office at the hospital last June, telling her she needed an abortion after falsely informing her she was pregnant.


UK’s Telegraph has an opinion piece by Dr. Stuart Campbell (an ultrasound pioneer) who calls for the legal limit for abortion in Britain to be reduced from 24 weeks to 20 weeks and the second doctor requirement be scrapped. The Telegraph also has the thoughts of two young women who became pregnant as teenagers, one who had an abortion and another who choose life.


The Cincinnati Enquirer has an editorial opposed to an attempt to ban human cloning in Ohio. While the editorial ridiculously states that a ban on human cloning “would weaken the state's push, through its new economic stimulus package, to attract top biomedical researchers,” they do admit the legislation “would prevent the artificial creation of a human being.”


Induced pluripotent stem cells from mice have been converted into three types of heart and blood cells.


S. at Out of the Looking-Glass World describes events surrounding her abortion experience and her ability to find forgiveness.
One of the hardest things for me as I came to believe in God was that I couldn't be forgiven for my abortion. I owe an enormous debt to a Catholic friend who helped me with this. I had never thought much about it until I became a Christian and then became increasingly tormented by what I'd done. Every moment of every day, I thought of my children. Grief over our sins is good, but not like this. I finally told this friend and he said, without hesitation, "You are forgiven" and I knew that I was. I'd just needed to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment