Specifically, during the May inspection at the Sioux Falls clinic, the state says Planned Parenthood did not tell a pregnant woman:
- That "the abortion will terminate the life of a whole, separate, unique, living human being."
- That she "has an existing relationship with that unborn human being," which is protected by law, and that the abortion will terminate the relationship and those rights.
- About "all known medical risks of the procedure and statistically significant risk factors ... including ... depression and related psychological distress (and) increased risk of suicide ideation and suicide."
- The correct address of the Department of Health Web site.
- The required information at least 24 hours prior to the abortion.
Thursday, August 13, 2009
A Planned Parenthood in South Dakota is Breaking the Law
The South Dakota Department of Health has threatened to suspend the license of Planned Parenthood after they failed to disclose information required by South Dakota's informed consent law to a woman seeking abortions.