Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Overheard: What's in their water addition

All from this story.

"I'm not grandiose about this, and it concerns me a lot that I could be portrayed that way. I don't want it to appear that I'm standing up and saying I'm the expected one. That's a dangerous, ego-driven kind of thing." –Kathleen McGowan, who claims she is descended from Jesus and Mary Magadelene

"Yes, I believe her. Her passion and her mission are so strong, how can she not be?" -Touchstone Editor-in-Chief Trish Todd after being asked if she believes McGowan's claims.

"She spent 20 years of her life researching this subject. You have to give her any benefit of the doubt because she's totally rational. I believe her absolutely. She had total credibility with me from the very beginning." -Larry Kirshbaum, literary agent and former CEO of Time Warner Books, regarding McGowan's claims even though McGowan has no hard evidence and only her word to back her up.

No comments:

Post a Comment