Thursday, August 11, 2005

R.I.P. Ali John

Nina, who had an abortion around a week ago, has come to regret her decision. Her boyfriend, who wanted the child but wouldn't marry Nina unless she converted to Christianity, also regrets his actions. Nina has named her child Ali John and she and her boyfriend performed a burial ceremony and wrote letters to their unborn child.

One day after her abortion she writes,

All day long, I've hated myself. Of course, my wound is so open and new. Ive regretted. I got angry with my mother because she didn't encourage me to keep him; I got angry with my bf because he didn't stand up and left me so alone and forced to convert me; I hate myself because i laid down there with my own free will eventually, I could have got up and left, but I didn't. I even got angry with God because He didn't intervene somehow. I though there might have been a car accident or anything that might have kept me from going there. I was looking for someone to blame. I thought about not talking to my BF ever. However, I couldn't do it either because when I came home, I found a message in my voicemail from him. I called him back. He was so upset, just like me. He was regretful. We both agreed that it was a wrong decision, poor judgment. He told me that he is not angry at me, and I told him that I forgive him also. I cried, he cried. At the end, he asked me if I would like to hold a funeral for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment