Thursday, August 04, 2005

"But it was just too late"

This is the incredibly sad story of the abortion experience of a young woman from another country who has been separated from her husband for seven months. She was impregnated by her boyfriend who wanted to keep the child and would marry her if she converted to Christianity.

After he left, I had a dream last night. In my dream, we (I and my BF) were preparing to go to the clinic. All of a sudden, I heard a noise from my bedroom. Somehow, I had given birth, our baby was there. He had such beautiful, blue eyes. I told my BF:"Look, we can't go to to abortion. I already gave a birth." Everything was so real.

This dream really hit me when I woke up. I felt like that I wanted to keep my baby, but on the other hand the clock was ticking, and we had an appointment to go. I called my best friend in TX and told her my dream. I was crying my eyes out. Literally...

Then, my BF came to take me. On the way, we kept talking about it. All he was concerned about what his people in his church would think about him, his image...I know that he also felt bad too. When we went there, I was still trying to convince him that I want to keep the baby, but I wouldn't want to be a single mother and was asking for his help. At this point he said that "Nina, don't think it's be so difficult to convert." I just told him he didn't know what he was talking about, this is not even his territory that he was trying to enter. I told him that "I am not saying that I am not going to convert, but I just don't know when and how. I need time. I can't commit because I simply don't know. I don't wanna tell you sweet lies just to get what I want. I am already under pressure with this issue, why to put more pressure on me?" At some point, he told me "you don't wanna do this. I don't wanna do this. We don't belong to this place." I said "no we don't. I wanna keep the baby. However, I am an honorable woman who deserves marriage, and I don't want a mistress life." He said "Nina, I can't promise you either. I can't marry you unless you convert." Then, they called my name. We just looked at each others' face in fear and doubt. I had to go, and I did. He could have stopped me, but he didn't. I went to upstairs, changed my clothes. When I went to restroom, I looked at the mirror in doubt. What am I doing here?" I even thought to dress up and go back and leave the place, but it was just too late.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:50 PM

    Her dream was surely real...and sadly, she didn't listen to it...but even sadder..is the behavior of her so-called Christian boyfriend. This guy was NOT a Christian. He went to church but he wasn't serving the God I know. Nope, he was serving himself and more concerned about his "image" than he was about her or his baby. If you go to the facebook post of this story by lifenews, you will see many, many comments that really blast this guy! No true Christan man who serves Jesus would have done that..(nor would he be living with his girlfriend before marriage) I know Christian men and women who have gotten pregnant out of wedlock and they KEEP the child alive..they do not bail out and try to "save their reputation" with church people.

    After all, Mary was an unwed mother when she got pregnant with Jesus by the power of the Holy Spirit! Joseph almost bailed out on her (quietly) because being pregnant out of wedlock was punishable by stoning then. Jesus' "dad" on earth wasn't even his real dad biologically..but.. Joseph didn't worry about his reputation (of course, everyone would think he was the father of Jesus) But that did not stop him.He took Mary in and helped her....which is what this selfish guy should have done...

    I hope he spends YEARS regretting that selfish decision..and I hope his church kicks him out for putting himself above his child. His behavior was NOT Christian behavior..and I know more and more Christians who have read this story and stand with me on this! I am so sorry she didn't just bail out on that jerk and keep her baby! There were so many people who would have been willing to help her! Prayers going up for both of them...and I pray she finds a better man who doesn't misrepresent the God I believe in! Jesus would be appalled at his behavior!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not much of a Christian, was he?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the saddest stories because it combines religion and abortion. Two major causes of death.

    ReplyDelete