Tuesday, May 14, 2013

"I couldn't eat my food if I had to look at that."

Mike Fink has announced he will close his Portland restaurant which is located near a Planned Parenthood abortion clinic because his business has been affected by protests at the clinic. 

Last winter Fink attracted widespread attention for staging what he called "anti-anti-abortion" rallies, in which he asked people to carry signs or honk car horns to show their opposition to the anti-abortion demonstrations.

More than 100 people, including dozens of protesters on both sides of the divisive abortion issue, showed up for the dueling demonstrations on Jan. 4. But after several more of the counter-protests, Fink said, "things just got worse."

He eventually called off his protests......

Perkins said he understands Fink's frustration.

"When the protests started, the first thing I thought about was Mike's, because that's a food place and those pictures are disgusting," he said. "I couldn't eat my food if I had to look at that."

No comments:

Post a Comment