Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Congressman Dale Kildee sells out unborn on Obamacare

So disappointing.
Representative Dale Kildee, Democrat of Michigan and a strong opponent of abortion, announced on Wednesday that he was satisfied with the provisions in the Senate-passed health care bill that seek to limit the use of federal money for insurance coverage of abortion.....

“For those who know me, I have always respected and cherished the sanctity of human life. I spent six years studying to be a priest and was willing to devote my life to God. I came to Congress two years after the Hyde amendment became law,” Mr. Kildee said in a statement. “And I have spent the last 34 years casting votes to protect the lives of the unborn. I have stood up to many in my party to defend the right to life and have made no apologies for doing so. I now find myself disagreeing with some of the people and groups I have spent a lifetime working with. I have listened carefully to both sides, sought counsel from my priest, advice from family, friends and constituents, and I have read the Senate abortion language more than a dozen times.”


And by "always respected" he means "always respected until Democrats gained control of Congress and really pressured me to vote in favor of expanding the federal funding of embryonic stem cell research."

So instead of agreeing with prolife groups he's worked with for years, he's siding with Pelosi.

No comments:

Post a Comment