Friday, March 23, 2007

Life Links 3/23/07

But the embryos will destroyed anyway, so why not perform research on them and get something out of it? Scott Klusendorf (who'll be in my part of country on April 4 to debate the ACLU's President) provides an answer.


Mississippi's governor Haley Barbour has signed an abortion trigger law that will go into effect when Roe v. Wade is overturned.


Paying women $500 to choose adoption over abortion? That's what one Texas legislator wants to do.


The LA Times had an article (registration required, I believe) about the prolife movement's attempts to reach out to the African-American community.
"Now that I look at him, I wouldn't care if the counselors were white, Asian, black — they saved his life," Yarbrough said. "But when I first started out … I wouldn't have been as comfortable with a white person as I was with Jettie. She looks like me. She knows what I'm going through."
Also, you won't want to miss Janice Martel Gaiter's opinion on which organizations should be allowed into the black community. For some reason, I think she believes that Planned Parenthood, NARAL, NOW, etc. aren't "upper-middle-class white organizations" while prolife organizations are.

No comments:

Post a Comment