Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Predictions come true

I know this is old news but I was gone for a week.

On February 6, I wrote,
Can anyone see a resignation in the near future? Maybe the "I don't want my blog to restrict the efforts of this campaign. This should be a campaign about the issues and how we can make America a better place. My hire by the Edwards' campaign has impeded the ability of John Edwards to share his message of hope with America. Therefore, I tendered my resignation so the campaign could focus on the important issues which face America." type of resignation?

On February 12, Amanda from Pandagon wrote ,
Regardless, it was creating a situation where I felt that every time I coughed, I was risking the Edwards campaign. No matter what you think about the campaign, I signed on to be a supporter and a tireless employee for them, and if I can't do the job I was hired to do because Bill Donohue doesn't have anything better to do with his time than harass me, then I won't do it. I resigned my position today and they accepted.

Not right on but fairly close, huh? I did completely missed the blame-the-people-who-share-what-I-wrote strategy. How could I forget to blame the right wing noise machine and the patriarchy?

"Every time I coughed?" Do you mean every time you wrote something where you intentionally maligned people of faith?

My guess is that both of bloggers were forced out. I think they made a deal where they wouldn't be publicly fired in exchange for agreeing to resign in the near future and not maligning the Edwards campaign on their blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment