Monday, July 18, 2005

Prolife Rapper Nick Cannon on the Tonight Show

On Friday, July 15, Nick Cannon appeared on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. I just caught the end of the interview but I did see the part where Cannon discussed his song "Can I Live" which is about his mother's unplanned pregnancy and how she visited an abortion clinic before deciding to give birth to Nick.

I was somewhat surprised at how receptive the audience and Leno were to Cannon's story. He got laughs when he mentioned that he likes to tell his mother that he was the one telling her to leave the abortion clinic and I think I remember applause when he discussed some ways in which his video has changed people's lives, including mentioning a woman who decided against abortion and later found out she was pregnant with twins.

The more publicity this song and video get, the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment