Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Erika chooses life

Praise the Lord! A child saved. Erika chose life.

Are finances a good enough reason not to give this baby a life?? Is my own fears a good enough reason to never see who this little boy or girl will become?? Omg. No, no, a thousand times no! And now that I've decided that I want to keep it, I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders. I feel happy! I feel excited! I feel scared to death, but this is another child, another brother or sister, another life.....

I went through abortion before because it was the right decision for me at the time. It isn't even close to feeling right now. It feels nothing but wrong. I think what I really want was being shadowed by my own fears. When I don't acknowledge those fears, when I don't let them have the hold on me that they did, I can see the possiblilties. There is nothing to stop me from doing anything but those fears. That's no way to live.

I'm scared, but I'm excited. I'm worried, but I'm happy. This is right. It's just right. I can't keep running away from everything just because I'm afraid. It's time for me to take a good look inside myself, in more ways than one, and make a change. This is life.

So........I'm having a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment