Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Pro-choice letter to the editor of the week

Andrew Green of Lubbock provides an unintentionally hilarious letter to the editor.
I am neither for nor against abortion. As a man, it’s inherently difficult and asinine to take one side over another. But given the context surrounding the recent act passed by Texas lawmakers, I would like to take a stand and steadfastly defend the rights of women to choose the prosperity or demise of their future by having the choice to abort a pregnancy if unplanned or unexpected.
I'm neither for or against abortion but then I'll use a lot of words to say that I'm for abortion.

But, wait, it gets even better.
Republicans are pushing this law solely on the basis of biblical interpretation, which any rational person would clearly see to be a clouded, half-truth judgment. If life begins at conception, then why do I not recall one solitary moment of my life prior to age 4?
Because you were obviously a zombie baby who was dead (which explains the lack of memory) yet still growing and developing and were somehow brought to life at the age of 4.

4 comments:

  1. WTF? Did that guy eat a lot of paint chips as a kid?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what's worse, that he wrote this or that the paper actually published it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because everyone knows memory is THE criteria to define life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The editor of the op-ed section must either be a prolifer or as misguided as Andrew.

    Or maybe they publish nearly everything they get.

    ReplyDelete