Monday, April 02, 2007

Life Links 4/2/07

If the unborn aren't living human beings, then why do some people think requiring women to view them before having an abortion is "emotional manipulation?" If the unborn, as we've been told by the pro-choice movement for decades, are merely "clumps of cells" or "products of conception" then what's the big deal about showing an ultrasound to pregnant women who are considering an abortion? Would it be "emotional blackmail" if the law required me to view a picture of my ____ (wisdom tooth, appendix, tonsils, etc.) before removing it?


Rebecca Taylor points to an article in which leaders of various religious groups lend their opinions on interspecies cloning. Pastor Ric Olsen has a great concluding paragraph:
Though curing disease is a noble cause, it can never take precedence over who the cause is attempting to cure. The end-game is not to merely cure diseases, but to improve human life. We cannot improve our lives if in the prevention of disease we have destroyed human dignity.

Amber Abreu, the teenager in the Boston area who used misoprostol to self-induce an abortion at 25 weeks, was interviewed by the Eagle Tribune.
"I felt bad because I knew she was suffering," Abreu said. "I felt guilty for what I had done. At that moment, I'd have done anything to let her live.

"I was hysterical when she died. I hugged her and kissed her," said Abreu, her eyes filled with tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment