Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Abortion "Doctor's" confession

K-Lo at the Corner links to this article in Boston magazine about the confessions of a female abortion provider.

Interesting excerpts include:

"Doing them over and over and over again can be really taxing. All of us who provide abortions believe in what we're doing and think it's a good thing and a right that needs to be available. But when you're in the clinic and in that group of people doing it, it can be tough, and you can get really tired. I don't think it'll ever make me stop doing terminations, but it can move people to tears. And it's not just me -- it extends to the nurses and the people who help us in the operating room. It's not unusual that you'll have only a couple of nurses who will help you out with it. There are nurses that will say, "No, I won't help you take care of this patient." I even know people who feel they can't tell their families what they do; their families think they work on labor and delivery. "

Why is abortion "taxing" and "tough?" Why are people moved to tears?

" I always find those are good days -- when a woman walks out and says, 'No, I'm keeping it.'"

Why are those better days or as you say "good days" compared to when all the women choose abortion? According to the pro-choicer, they are both valid choices so why does one choice (a woman choosing not to abort) lead to a "good day" while abortions are "taxing" and "tough?" Is keeping the child better than abortion? If so, why?

"I have the utmost respect for life; I appreciate that life starts early in the womb, but also believe that I'm ending it for good reasons. Often I'm saving the woman, or I'm improving the lives of the other children in the family. I also believe that women have a life they have to consider. If a woman is working full-time, has one child already, and is barely getting by, having another child that would financially push her to go on public assistance is going to lessen the quality of her life. And it's also an issue for the child, if it would not have had a good life. Life's hard enough when you're wanted and everything's prepared for. So yes, I end life, but even when it's hard, it's for a good reason. "

I have the utmost respect for life but I end the lives of up to 20 unborn children a week? Ending lives to improve the lives of others? It (do you mean "the child" or "he or she?") would not have had a good life? I guess I get to decide whether lives will be good enough to deserve not to be killed in the womb. The illogical hulahoops that abortionists have to weave themselves through to rationalize their killings is always amazing. But they have no other choice unless they have the courage to admit what they're doing is wrong.

"Obviously, the threat of violence is something that's always in the back of my mind, that it could happen, but I feel like I'm doing something so right. How could people think it's wrong?"

Because they are rationale enough to understand that abortionists shouldn't be deciding which children live or die. Because they realize that intentionally killing innocent human beings is wrong. Because their opinions are framed by reality. Because they know why abortions are taxing on you. Because they've seen the hurt that abortion can cause to women.

Hat tip: Comment, No Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment